- Tom was born and raised in Southfield, Michigan
- He served in the US Army for 21 years deploying to Iraq, Kuwait, Guantanamo Bay, and South Korea
- He graduated from Western Michigan University with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- He was first elected to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2014
- He currently serves in the Michigan Senate, where he was elected in 2018
- Tom lives with his wife, Ashley, and four children in Charlotte, Michigan
- Michigan’s 7th Congressional District race is currently rated as “Democratic Toss Up,” according to The Cook Political Report.
- Cook gives the district a +2 partisan voting index advantage to Republicans.
Source: Tom Barret for Congress
- “In Joe Biden’s America, families like mine are paying more for groceries. It’s the biggest price hike in 40 years. Washington politicians like Elissa Slotkin fuel inflation with outrageous spending. They don’t have to balance the budget, but Michigan families do.”
- “I’m Tom Barrett: husband, dad to four, and helicopter pilot. In Congress, I’ll fight for your families. Stopping inflation, reducing the cost of gas, and fixing the economy.”
- “I’m running to put an end to this invasion of our constitutional rights. To stand up for those afraid of losing their career or struggling to put food on the table in Biden’s economy. To call out the collapse of leadership in the White House that has cratered our economy at home and left thirteen of our Marines and service members dead in Afghanistan. To reverse the woke indoctrination of our troops and put parents back in charge of their children’s education. I’m running to give our kids an America worth fighting for.”
- “Proud to Endorse Tom Barrett for Congress! As the most Conservative Member of the MI State Senate, a Combat Veteran and a Proud Patriot, Tom Barrett will lead the fight to Restore American Values in Congress.” – Mike Pence, 48th Vice President of the United States
- “Tom Barrett has lived a life of service and will work to reverse the devastating and destructive policies of House Democrats under Nancy Pelosi and her Democrat puppets. Tom has my complete endorsement to flip Michigan’s 7th District, and I look forward to working with him to take back the House.” – Elise Stefanik, US Representative for NY-21
- “Congratulations to Tom Barrett on his victory in his primary election tonight. Michigan can’t afford Elissa Slotkin shilling for failed policies that made life more expensive and our communities less safe. Michigan families who want to make life affordable again will elect Tom Barrett to Congress in November.” – Dan Conston, President of the Congressional Leadership Fund